Studying, interning or volunteering globally is an excellent way to explore the world while fulfilling requirements towards your major or general education.
UC Davis is committed to preparing the next generation of global problem solvers and change makers. As such, we want to prepare you to thrive in an interdependent world and solve global challenges collaboratively, equitably, and sustainably. The Global Learning Hub is a campus resource to help every student engage in global learning experiences before they graduate.
Types of Global Learning Opportunities
The Global Learning Hub offers programs, workshops and resources that enhance your academic and career pursuits through four broad areas of opportunity:
Global learning does not require you to travel abroad. There are many opportunities for students to engage in global issues in the local community/region and on campus; some opportunities leverage virtual resources to work on global issues without the need for travel. Please use the links below to navigate to virtual and local opportunities:
- The Global Learning Programs Search Tool allows students to quickly and easily search programs related to their global learning interests. Students can search by program type, term, region of the world, or subject area.
- The Scholarships & Funding Search Tool allows students to filter funding opportunities based on programs, degree level, term, subject, region of the world, or type of award.
- The Major Advising Pages (MAPS) list popular or recommended study abroad programs for each major and/or academic subject area. Please note that options for students in all cases are more extensive than listed.
- The Global Learning Fall Showcase is designed for all UC Davis students to explore the many global learning opportunities available through the Global Learning Hub. This is a great opportunity to connect with other students and staff, learn about study abroad, internships, research, on-campus and community opportunities, skill and leadership building, funding, and more.
- The Global Learning Conference provides students with the opportunity to articulate and market their global learning perspectives, network with potential employers, showcase their experiences, and hear from seasoned professionals in a variety of fields.
Visit the Global Learning Hub website at globallearning.ucdavis.edu to learn more about programs, resources, and ways to get involved. You can also reach out to us by email at email@example.com, or by phone (530) 752-5763.