The UC Davis Earth and Planetary Sciences department combines academic excellence with a rewarding professional and personal experience.
Earth and Planetary Sciences Graduate Program
"We think that educating and training our graduate students is arguably the most important activity we are engaged in here in the department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, and we take this responsibility very seriously (while having a good time doing it!)."
– Sandy Carlson
We have strong research programs in both field and laboratory aspects of the earth sciences. Our facilities for research are excellent, and our faculty is committed to active involvement with students in research.
UC Davis Earth and Planetary Sciences Graduate Program Application Information
- How to apply to the Earth and Planetary Sciences Graduate Program (see the latest updates from the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Financial Support and Employment: Learn about funding packages for graduate students, employment as a TA or GSR, and internal and external fellowships.
Earth and Planetary Sciences Department Information
- Graduate Advisors and Committees: Students have a number of advisors, mentors, and committees to guide them in their graduate degree.
- Thesis Advisors: Your primary mentor as a graduate student.
- Research Groups: The department has five research groups spanning a variety of fields in earth science.
- Graduate Student Directory: A list of current graduate students.
- Graduate Student Honors and Awards
Earth and Planetary Sciences Graduate Program Information
- Graduate Degree Requirements: View the official requirements and path to a graduate degree.
- GEL Graduate Courses: View all the courses offered in the department as well as the current annual course offerings.
- Graduate Student Resources: View departmental and campus-wide resources for academic and personal success.