Sarah T. Stewart
Planet formation and evolution with focus on collisional processes, including giant impacts and impact cratering. Laboratory measurements of the equation of state and rheological properties of planetary materials using shock wave techniques. Experimental and computational studies of impact processes to interpret the formation, resurfacing history, physical properties, and internal structure of planets and small bodies.
- Geology Bytes | New Scenario For How the Moon Formed
- NPR | Connections with Evan Dawson
- The Shock Compression Lab: Bringing out the Cannons for Planetary Science
- NPR | MacArthur Fellow And Planetary Scientist Sarah Stewart Discusses How The Moon Was Formed
- space.com | This Planetary Scientist Is Now a Certified Genius